What Does Your Rewards Card Give?
Did you know that 30% of all Americans let their credit card reward points expire? That’s $16 billion in cash back wasted every year. Perhaps Americans don’t feel that their cash back rewards make much of a difference. But what if you could direct your cash back rewards to make a difference in the lives of others?
Charity Charge World MasterCard provides a free and easy way for you to make a difference simply through the everyday credit card purchases you’ve already planned on making. With each purchase, your 1% cash back rewards are automatically donated to the charity or K-12 school of your choice. Bonus: your donation is tax deductible.
Vote with your dollars by making every purchase a direct reflection of your commitment to a personal cause.
What is Charity Card?
Charity Card is a public benefit corporation which focuses on achieving both financial and social goals. The Charity Charge World MasterCard is a MasterCard issued by Commerce Bank. It does not charge an annual fee. Instead it earns revenue from Commerce Bank and MasterCard based upon the number of customers it brings.
While Charity Charge does generate a small amount of revenue on each purchase that cardholders make, unlike other programs, Charity Charge covers all of the processing fees for your donations. This means that 100% of the rewards go directly to the nonprofits.
How does it work?
Charity Charge cardholders earn 1% cash back on all purchases, which can be automatically donated with each purchase to up to three nonprofits. Their system pulls from the GuideStar database that contains all 501(c)(3) organizations, K-12 schools, universities, and religious organizations in the US. That means you get to pick the organization of your choice when directing your donations.
You can support up to 3 nonprofits, K-12 schools, universities, or religious organizations at a time. Your donation will be split equally between the nonprofits you choose. For example:
- 1 nonprofit = 100% of the 1% Cash Back you earn on each purchase.
- 2 nonprofits = each nonprofit gets 50% of the 1% Cash Back you earn on each purchase.
- 3 nonprofits = each nonprofit gets 33% of the 1% Cash Back you earn on each purchase.
Track Your Impact
In addition, the Charity Charge donation dashboard tracks the impact of your donations so you can see exactly how you are helping. We like their complete transparency, both on the reporting side and the terms. Rewards earned and given with your Charity Charge World MasterCard are also tax deductible. Cardholder’s can find their tax receipts in their donation dashboard at the end of the calendar year for easy filing.
Automatically earn and donate your cash back to any nonprofit of your choice – 100% tax deductible – and no annual Fee.
Charity Charge World MasterCard Overview
- No annual fee.
- 1% cash back on all purchases donated to any charity of your choice.
- All registered 501(c)(3) and K-12 school are eligible to receive the donations.
- All donations are tax deductible.
- The average annual donation from card holders is $272.
- An easy way to make a difference (at no cost to you).
- Low APR between Prime + 6.99%-16.99% dependent on creditworthiness. Balance transfer fee of either $10 or 5% of the amount of each Balance Transfer, whichever is greater.
- Receive all the benefits of a World MasterCard such as: extended warranty, MasterCard global service, concierge services, ID theft protection, price guarantee, and many more exclusive services.
- Chip and Apple Pay enabled.